Thursday, August 28, 2008

Last Prep

This is the last prep that needs to be done before the room gets a skim coat of plaster on Tuesday. I have to fill in the large gaping holes with plaster of paris. I push it in slightly so that it works in between the lath, which locks it in place once dry. I use plaster of paris because it is really rock solid once dry. But before any plaster is applied all surfaces are coated with plaster adhesive. It works to bond the plaster to the wall or lath and it acts as a moisture barrier. Without a moisture barrier, the surface sucks the water out of the plaster mix and it does not cure properly. I've tried.

Meanwhile, I'll probably be working on stripping all the wood trim that's in the garage.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

and you have lots of help as I see sweetie Rebekah in the corner of the picture.
sounds like a full weekend of hard work.
it is glorious in the Northland...temps in the 70s ,clear blue skies and a calm Lake Superior...love to all, mom g.