Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Italy!

 I finally got around to re-starting our blog site so everyone can see our adventures in Italy.  For those of you who do not know, we are still living on base in temporary house (small two bedroom apartment - agghhhh!) but have signed a contract for a house in the town of Licola.  It is located about 20 minutes northeast of Naples.  Hopefully we can move into the place in the next couple of weeks.  We bought a small car that fits seven - an Opel Zafira.  It is an automatic so it has been a steep learning curve for me.

 We have made the most of our time here already.  Last weekend we went to Sorrento and drove down the Amalfi Coast.  The pictures are on our phone (which Scott currently has) so I will add them later.  The people were especially lovely in Sorrento and we get a lot of attention from the Italians no matter where we go.  They love larger families and babies.  I have literally had Will taken from my arms by Italian women.  Thank goodness he is so laid back, he doesn't seem to mind at all. 

 The girls seem to be adjusting well.  We are finishing up school on the days we are not traveling or looking for a house, car, etc.  They give Scott about 30 days to get settled and find a place so he will start work in the next week or so.

The top two pictures are from our hike up to the top of Mt. Vesuvius.  We set out on Friday for the hike, got lost, finally found our way but it was too late.  The GPS does like to stick to the main roads but instead sends us all over the place.  It can be very frustrating considering there are not always road signs.

The bottom two pictures are from a castle in Naples.  Driving in Naples it not fun at all so next time I think we will try the bus.  The bottom picture has Mt. Vesuvius in the background.
Add caption

1 comment:

JoAnn D said...

Susan, this is great! I love the account of your travels and how Italians respond to you. I also like the photos. keep them coming. Hugs to all,
JoAnn